Rapid & easy
Concretum® Q-FLASH 2/20 is the newest generation of rapid-hardening concrete. Its strength develops so quickly that it is fully loadable just 1 hours after pouring.
All its other fresh and hardened concrete properties are comparable to those of standard quality concretes. Concretum® Q-FLASH 2/20 allows simple handling using usual pouring methods and machinery.
Handling of Concretum rapid-hardening concrete and rapid-hardening mortar
The rapid-hardening concrete Concretum® Q-FLASH 2/20 is produced in concrete plants. Its fresh concrete properties remain constant throughout all the open time. Relevant concrete properties can be set according to specified project requirements.
- The superplaticizer Concretum® Q-FLASH sp (L) allows the concrete consistency to be adjusted, from firm to pumpable (consistency class C1 to C3). The set consistency remains constant throughout all the open time.
- The length of the open time can be set between 60 and 120 minutes using the retarder Concretum® Q-FLASH ret (L).
- The separate dosing of the superplaticizer allows the required fresh concrete properties to be adjusted to different climatic and geographic conditions. Concretum® Q-FLASH 2/20 can be used at fresh concrete temperatures of 5 to 30 °C. It must be guaranteed that the fresh concrete temperature does not change significantly during the entire open time.
- During the open time the concrete can be easily compacted. All usual surface finish procedures can be realised.
Rapid strength development of Concretum rapid-hardening concrete
After final setting, the rapid-hardening cement Concretum® Q-FLASH cem 50 (P) or cem 100 (P) ensures rapid development of the strength of the rapid-hardening concrete. Just approx. 60 minutes after the start of hardening, the concrete reaches compressive strength values of ≥ 20 N/mm2 and the respective component can be released again for traffic (for this, standard concrete requires approx. 2 to 3 days):
- The rapid-hardening cement Concretum® Q-FLASH cem 50 (P) or cem 100 (P) is a purely mineral binder that comprises various cements and additives. The specific composition guarantees the high quality of the concrete.
- The rapid hardening process also leads to a rapid drying of the concrete because lots of free pore water is chemically bonded in a short period. Just 2 to 3 hours after pouring, the concrete has a moisture content below 4.0 CM-%. This allows numerous, standard sealing systems to be applied at this early point in time.
The drymix concretes and mortars Concretum® Q-CON and Q-REP G are based on the same rapid-hardening cement technology as the rapid-hardening concrete Concretum® Q-FLASH 2/20. Their quality in respect of speed and durability is therefore also exceptionally high.