Concretum® Q-FLASH 2/20 is extremely durable and its maintenance-free lifespan even exceeds standard concretes. The reason for this is the specific composition of the rapid-hardening cement Concretum® Q-FLASH cem 50 (P) or cem 100 (P) used. This is a purely mineral binder, which comprises various cements and additives.
This rapid-hardening cement is used exclusively in Concretum® Q-FLASH 2/20 and results in a very low risk of cracking, creating a concrete with a very low need for water. This leads to a high impermeability against water and contaminants. In addition, the high impermeability guarantees resistance against frost and de-icing salt despite not having entrained air voids. This concrete can be used for all exposure classes.
The following mechanisms guarantee durability:
- The specific composition ensures that the strength develops rapidly with low heat of hydration. In addition, the cement shrinkage is low.
- The alkali content of the rapid-hardening cement used, Concretum® Q-FLASH cem 50 (P) or cem 100 (P) fulfils the requirements for alkali aggregate resistance. As the cement is only partly based on Portland cements, the alkali aggregate risk is even lower compared to standard concrete.
- Concrete loses volume as a result of the hardening and drying processes and it shrinks. If the resulting tensile stresses exceed the tensile strength of the concrete, shrinkage cracks are created. Concretum® Q-FLASH 2/20 has a naturally lower shrinkage compared to standard concrete and is therefore comparable to a low-shrinkage concrete.
- Additionally, Concretum® Q-FLASH 2/20 only generates a low level of heat of hydration energy of approx. 210 J/g and can therefore even be used for bulky pourings, without risking cracks due to differential cooling and resultant temperature curves.
- The rapid strength development also reduces the risk of cracking in the young concrete as a result of static and dynamic loads.